🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Keeping track of replies

Started by
3 comments, last by swiftcoder 10 years, 8 months ago

This feature might exist, but it may lack visibility.

I'm having trouble quickly finding new replies to threads I've posted in.

True, I could manually "watch" them, but having a list that tracks every thread that was replied to after one of my replies can be helpful to keep track of the activity.

Feel free to disregard is irrelevant.

Advertisement

There are two methods I use for that.

First, when you post in a forum you automatically are marked as watching the forum. If you choose "Watched Content > By Section > Forum" you can see a list of the forums with new content. The individual topics you have replied to are marked with a star rather than a dot, and the background will be light or dark depending on if you have read the replies.

Second, you can use the profile link under your name menu. Just pick "My Content" from your profile menu and it will show you all the recent threads and their last edit date. All of those should have a star since you replied, but their background will be light or dark depending on if you have read all new replies.

didn't know about the icons.

Thanks for pointing it out!

There is an option here to autofollow topics I reply to. That, and the notification options for followed topics (which I have set to Notification List), gives me a faceplace-esque little red counter in the top right when someone replies to a topic I have participate in, or chosen to follow.

There is an option here to autofollow topics I reply to. That, and the notification options for followed topics (which I have set to Notification List), gives me a faceplace-esque little red counter in the top right when someone replies to a topic I have participate in, or chosen to follow.

QFE.

I always run with autofollow topics, and all notifications set to badge only.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement