🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Archives?

Started by
1 comment, last by Kroax 22 years, 8 months ago
Does anyone know where there is SFX archive on the web. It has to be completely free as my budget is limited to $0. Thanx! //Kroax
Advertisement
I remeber an very old pinball game... Phantasy Pinball.. this game have the best soundtrack in a game... all music are MOD4CH.. or .. the PURE Amiga module..

Unreal tournament uses a format .IT like. (an .IT changed or pure?)

-- Why USE Modules in your game?

With modules your can do infinity loops, a long music with few bytes, an event handler for play determined music pattern or music samples.. like SFX in music.

-- Why DON´T USE Modules in your game?

Hard to implement a module player.. (hand-make, nope using libs like Mikmod lib!)
Sometimes uses more "clocks" than a MP3 player...(fmod statistics.. a MP3 takes about 1~2% of my cpu.. and a .IT/.XM takes about 4~13% here!!!!!!)

--

In my opinion, a game with Modules, can be very very bealtiful, and with best soundtracks AND sfx than a game with MP3+SFX..
and for games with "mutators" (for UT or MODs for Quake*) this can be very usefull...

cya..

Quaternion Labs
Linux Inside
Assembly
DemoScene
Quaternion LabsLinux InsideAssemblyDemoScene
I''d be also glad to find some archive with REASONABLE sounds. So no Real audio format, 11khz, 8bit and such useless stuff. At least 22khz 16bit wavs.
-Claymore-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement