🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Achtung die Kurve - possible strategies for a bot

Started by
-1 comments, last by devos50 10 years, 5 months ago

Hello,

For the people that don't know the game Achtung die Kurve (also called Curve Fever or Zatacka), it's a very fun game where you control a line and play with several people on one field. The goal is to not crash with your line and be the last one to survive on the board. Your line can collide with other players' lines and the edges of the board. For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achtung,_die_Kurve!

I'm recreating the game and I would like to add some bots to the game. First of all, I'm quite new to everything with AI and bots. I was thinking about a good strategy for the bot and this is what I came up with: at every step of the game, look x steps ahead and see what happens if you don't turn the line. If the line collides, turn.

This seems like a very simple strategy and I wonder how it works in practice. Meanwhile, I would like to improve the strategy to create some harder bots. I would also like to add some randomness, but here I get a bit unsure about the strategy I have to use. That's why I'm asking the question here.

Does anyone know a decent strategy for an Achtung die Kurve bot? Preferably, the bot should contain some randomness and not be too dumb.

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement