🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Reference gathering - Robot to save the earth!

Started by
2 comments, last by Kryzon 10 years, 4 months ago

Hey, its easy to go looking for reference but what I find appealing and what all you beautiful people find appealing might not match up. It's important that my designs reach for a broader sense of appeal. That's where you friendly folk can help. I'll start this thread really open ended. I'll refine this a bit more later. As we gather gems together.

I'm looking for images and ideally videos of bipedal robots designed to save the world with the amazing agility and speed they have been designed with. Or parts and pieces mechanical or natural that are clearly designed for advanced ability to run, jump, and dive. I'm gathering movement as well, so videos of "perfect speed" of any kind. Thanks for your help!

Pat Benatar style! Hit me with your best shot(s).

Fire away.

Advertisement

Lot of ideas and inspirations concerning robots.

Hmm, speed. Most mechas and transformers aren't skinny enough to look really fast; they either have giant shoulders or they are overall blocky and barrel-chested. Modern robots seem like they would be more flexible, like the real robots of fish and snakes we have currently that move by undulating. Transformers Animated is my favorite robot art style (over several mecha anime series, from Evangelion to Gundam). Though something like Grimmjow's cat-like release form in Bleach might make an even better robot design than the TFA ones.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

[media]http:

[/media]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement