Advertisement

How do you differs a newbie, intermediate and advance programmer ?

Started by November 01, 2001 08:45 AM
25 comments, last by ZeroBit 22 years, 10 months ago
A newbie ask questions without trying to find out why, a freebie or gimme if you will. (Hasn''t paid dues)

An intermediate only ask questions after exhausting all efforts of finding out for him/her self. (Is paying dues)

An advanced just does whatever they feel like because they can. (Has paid dues)

YAP-YFIO

-deadlinegrunt

~deadlinegrunt

quote: Original post by deadlinegrunt
A newbie ask questions without trying to find out why, a freebie or gimme if you will. (Hasn''t paid dues)

An intermediate only ask questions after exhausting all efforts of finding out for him/her self. (Is paying dues)

An advanced just does whatever they feel like because they can. (Has paid dues)

YAP-YFIO

-deadlinegrunt

Out of all the answers that I''ve read, yours is probably the one that makes the most sense...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
[Cyberdrek | ]
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Mayrel
Newbie: Designs algorithms that can''t work, and they don''t.
Intermediate: Designs algorithms that can work, and they don''t.
Advanced: Designs algorithms that can work, and they do.
Master: Designs algorithms that can''t work, and they do.

I LIKE THAT! That would mean I waver between intermediate and advanced a bit...
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
I''ve made a lot of games including isometric and 3d ones with directx but i still consider myself a newbie because of my age...

[Edited by - kmsixpence on October 17, 2005 6:09:39 PM]
Will I''m a newbie that showing signs of becoming an intermediate programmer although I have a couple of occassion I did something advance. But I can honestly say I''ve never done anything masterful yet. But I do whatever the hell I want so that make me a master?
Will I''m a newbie that showing signs of becoming an intermediate
programmer although I have a couple of occassion I did
something advance. But I can honestly say I''ve never done
anything masterful yet. But I do whatever the hell I want so
that make me the master of something right?

Advertisement
^^ NEver mind I''m a master moron
Well, maybe some insight here...

Newbie Programmer - Is beginning, not proficent in any language.
Intermediate Programmer- Proficent in one language, and using it on a platform (eg WIN32, MFC, X ect)
Advanced Programmer - Highly proficent in one language, knowledge of other languages, proficent with many API's/Platforms.
Master Programmer - Proficent in multiple languages, platforms, systems...

Real Programmer - Doesn't matter what platform, what language, or API. They know how to learn it if they need it. He/She has mastered the theory of current computer science techniques.

Real Master Programmer - They are advancing the techniques of computer science.

"So much fun, so little time."
~Michael Sikora

Edited by - guardian_light on November 5, 2001 4:58:48 PM
A Newbie is someone, the even began itself a new thing to dedicate. It is no matter how old he is.
He tries to achieve something, although it knows exactly, it should with something simple begin. In this case for programming. No wonder that it does not work and so he assistance up in a forum. He believes that others make the work, which he would like gladly for him. But forums are there not to do someones work but ro help and for suggestions.

After some time he will get used to the new technics and so he is able to write simple programms. This time he will bi called "Intermediate". Surely help is always needed but he will be able to help others too. But he knows that you can only learn something by doing it and so he will get better.

Passing this time he will get better and better. Programms are structured more and more. Help is just needed in selden cases. Of course nobody is perfect but he knows how to get that help and then he will try as long as he understands it.

This are the main points of getting started with programming. Some people think it is necessary to structure it in more stations but for me it is not necessary.

I know there are also female programmers but it would be more work to write he/she *gg* Sorry, for overflying it *gg*

see ya
Floppi
I thought I was Advanced, but some are pushing me into Master while others are pushing me into Real Programmer realm... All I can say is that I do what I want when I want, learning what I need. So my final pronouncement, in my new found Master status *drum roll* is...

Classifications are meaningless.

Have a nice day.

I wanna work for Microsoft!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement