Advertisement

I want to upload my Android game on Google Play. But do I need a company name?

Started by March 29, 2014 08:50 PM
2 comments, last by Shadow_hunter 10 years, 5 months ago

I'm going to upload my Android mobile game on Google Play. But it seems like all games are developed by companies(such as Zynga, and King) and I don't see individual's names as developers. Do I need to register a company name officially? I think it costs a few hundred dollars... If I have to, how and where do I register? or instead of registering a company for a few hundred dollars, if I make a domain website that is named as my company name, would it provide me some protections? Also, do I need to trademark my game's title as well? How much would it cost? Thanks!

You don't need to be a registered company. Just make a name up for your company/studio.

For example my name on there is 'world of welly'
Advertisement

I'm going to upload my Android mobile game on Google Play. But it seems like all games are developed by companies(such as Zynga, and King) and I don't see individual's names as developers. Do I need to register a company name officially? I think it costs a few hundred dollars... If I have to, how and where do I register? or instead of registering a company for a few hundred dollars, if I make a domain website that is named as my company name, would it provide me some protections? Also, do I need to trademark my game's title as well? How much would it cost? Thanks!

you don't need to have a company to publish games on google play (There are quite a few games on there that are made by individuals but companies like zynga and king tend to dominate the top-lists)

If you are selling a product it might be beneficial or even required(depending on what jurisdiction you're in) to register a business for tax purposes.

[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

you don't need to have a company to publish games on google play (There are quite a few games on there that are made by individuals but companies like zynga and king tend to dominate the top-lists)

If you are selling a product it might be beneficial or even required(depending on what jurisdiction you're in) to register a business for tax purposes.

Yes, this. The difference between taxes when having a company or not is pretty significant here in belgium...but on the other hand, the start-up costs for a company are pretty high to, although i hear that in the UK for example this is way cheaper. So yea, if you can get away cheap with registering one in your country and you think you will get alot of sales...just do it. ;P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement