🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help creating a simulated horse race?

Started by
0 comments, last by Billethius 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I''m creating a horse racing game for myself and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to simulate the actual race. I know that the final time, say for 6 furlongs (3/4 of a mile), should be about 1:09.00... I want to include things like the pace of the race, horses that save their emergy for the last part of the race and so on. If anyone has any ideas, please post or e-mail me. If any more information is needed I will gladly post it.
Advertisement
It''s funny you should mention it. I just finished "Object Oriented Programming In C++" and the final programming project it gives is a horse race. It isn''t extremely detailed and is only in ANSI, but adding graphics and extra goodies would be riot. You might want to check out that book or also I could throw you a few ideas that he mentions.
Also, neat idea with making a horse race. I''m a big fan of horse racing and there are precious few (if any) programs or that genre out there.
- Fuge

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement