🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Reply editor - can't break out of Quote as last entry

Started by
1 comment, last by Buckeye 10 years ago

Have there been changes to the editor code?

In this post: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/658391-old-keyboard-state-in-input-handler/#entry5164746

the last entry is a quotation, created by a copy/paste, select and hit Quote. When I tried to add to the bottom of the post, I can't get the caret below the quotation box. Pressing Enter (Return if you prefer) does not add lines or break out of the box. Further, with the caret at the end of the line in the quotation, I hit shift-Enter to add lines, but the caret pops back up to the first line when using the arrows keys to move the caret down.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Advertisement

What I do when this happens is hit the switch on the top-left of the editor so that it's no longer in WYSIWYG mode. Then you can add newlines after the quote and keep typing. You can then switch back to WYSIWYG if you prefer that.

Thanks, LennyLen. That works.

I was also wondering about the change, as I didn't have that trouble before. Maybe it can be fixed?

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement