🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Save Google login for GameDev.net?

Started by
3 comments, last by frob 9 years, 11 months ago

I looked through the first three pages of search results, and didn't find anything similar to what I'm experiencing, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered before.

Most of the time, when I come to GameDev.net, the site automatically logs me in using my Google account. From time to time, however, it seems like my account details become unlinked, and I have to click on the Google login button again, and it takes me to the Google authorization page, where I have to allow GameDev to access my account again.

My browser is Chrome, currently version 35, although I've seen this off and on with previous versions of Chrome over the last couple years.

It's not a huge annoyance, but it seems to me that after the first time I logged in with my Google credentials, that ought to be saved and used automatically all of the time.

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

Advertisement

True, I have the same thing, although its not that much, whenever I manage to login with the Google Addon it redirects me to a non existent site.

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

I don't use their login system, but I'm curious now. Open your browser's appropriate settings and look at the cookie expiration date. When does their credential cookie expire? Is it days, weeks, or months?

Could it perhaps be one of these? ( Just added a few extra to be sure smile.png )

20ze52r.png

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

Probably the first one, since that looks the most like a session id. That would be a one month cookie, which seems a good frequency to require logging in again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement