🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript 2.29.1

Started by
0 comments, last by TechRogue 9 years, 11 months ago

This is a quite small release compared to the previous ones. Still, it is an important one as it corrects a mistake in the last release regarding the syntax for named arguments.

In version 2.29.0 the support for naming the arguments when calling functions was implemented using the following syntax: func(arg1 = expr1, arg2 = expr2). The problem with this syntax was that it would not be obvious to the reader when an argument happened to have the same name as a variable.

So, I decided to change this syntax to use the following syntax instead: func(arg1: expr1, arg2: expr2). I'd like to think of it as labelling the arguments.

For those, who prefer the = token, or don't want break backwards compatibility I've added an engine property asEP_ALTER_SYNTAX_NAMED_ARGS that can be used to optionally support the previous syntax.

This release also brings a couple of other minor enhancement, such as the support for registering template types as value types, declaring script classes as abstract, and the inclusion of asGetTypeTraits() as part of the official SDK interface.

Regards,

Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement

I much prefer the new syntax for named arguments. No ambiguity to worry about, and C# programmers will be right at home.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement