🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Glyphs cut in half vertically

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 9 years, 11 months ago

Hello, I have a problem with the latest BMFont v1.14 beta version where certain glyphs are just cut in half as if their widths weren't calculated properly.

I've attached the .tga and .fnt of the broken output in a zip file. You will see in the image that certain characters such as 'Ž' (142) are just chopped in half. The output seems to be correct when "Render from TrueType outline" is enabled, but I felt it would be worth reporting this bug regardless.

The settings I used were Arial Narrow with Bold, in 17px height, using the "ANSI" charset. I exported all characters and set a 3px spacing on both dimensions for each glyph. "Render from TrueType outline" disabled, ClearType enabled.

Advertisement

I'll take a look at it, but it is quite likely that this is a one of those bugs with the Windows GDI library that made me implement the 'Render from TrueType outline' in the first place.

Regards,

Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement