🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Journal entry, embedded YouTube link removed on edit

Started by
1 comment, last by Lactose 9 years, 11 months ago

When I edit a journal entry with an embedded YouTube link (just raw paste of YouTube URL), selecting the Publish button will remove the embedded YouTube video.

---

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a journal entry with an embedded YouTube video. The video auto-embeds if the raw YouTube URL is pasted in the entry. See the following link for a journal entry which is set up in this way:

http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1830/entry-2259889-animation-showcase-annotations-fixed/

2. Select "Edit entry".

3. Without changing anything, select "Publish Now".

Observe that the embedded YouTube video is now gone.

4. Select "Edit entry" again.

Observe that the YouTube URL has been replaced with an empty line.

Note that, after step 2, selecting "Preview Post" instead of "Publish Now" will remove the YouTube video from the preview post, but will have an embedded YouTube video in the post edit field.

---

Browser is Chrome, whatever the latest normal version is.

OS is Windows 7.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement

Noted. Until a fix is implemented though I would recommend instead of pasting in the raw link to wrap it in a [media] tag like it's supposed to be. What's probably happening is the site is doing this for you but when you go to edit the tag is destroyed for some reason.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Thanks, I'll do that from now on :)

Hello to all my stalkers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement