🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Week of Awesome Contest

Started by
3 comments, last by dsm1891 9 years, 9 months ago

At this stage with 40+ teams competing in the current "unofficial" competition I think it can be said The Week of Awesome II has travelled well on the road to success and with that in mind it might be time to give consideration to The Week of Awesome (insert sequential number) being something more "Official" on an annual basis. Is this doable?

Advertisement

define "official" and how you feel it would benefit the contest. In other words what specific ways would you like the GDnet staff to help out?

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I think the suggested branding of "special title" could have a limited form applied to all enlisted applicants that actually deliver something perhaps?

define "official" and how you feel it would benefit the contest. In other words what specific ways would you like the GDnet staff to help out?

That is actually a good question as I had not really considered in depth as much as I should have. I shall return with a cogent answer once I have considered the "why and how" more deeply.

define "official" and how you feel it would benefit the contest.

I was thinking about this, those these reasons don't really benefit the contest. Firstly for the contestants, I would love to be able to put "winner of gamedev.net's game jam-merama" on my CV / linkedin. Also It would, likely, drive traffic to this site as I know lots of people are looking for jams to take part in, but don't feel like lumduming (speaking onbehalf of my friends here).

The real question would be if it is worth the staffs time, I'm not sure, but I hope to see an official gd.net jam in the near future :)

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement