🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bytecode from PC to mobile

Started by
1 comment, last by carew 9 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

Is it possible to use bytecode saved on Linux (x86/x64) on mobile platforms like Android or iOS (ARM)? Today I tried that, but it looks like a bytecode is incompatible (Script building failed). Is it a bug or normal behaviour? Bytecode works without problems on both x86 and x64 Linux.

Cheers,

Advertisement

As long as you observe the few restrictions listed in the manual, the pre-compiled byte code is platform independent.

Can you tell me more about the error you're getting? When loading byte code you're not building/compiling the script so you shouldn't be getting a 'script building failed' situation. Though perhaps you only used the wrong term, and the error you're getting is really that the LoadByteCode method returns an error? Is anything written to the message stream? What does it say?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Sorry, all works fine I had problems with a file reader on Android :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement