🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Chat says my IP is invalid :(

Started by
7 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 9 years, 8 months ago

Hi,

I can no longer access the chat, when I try to I get this message:

IP.Chat account number used is invalid

Just as we where talking about politics too :(

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement

Probably just some temporary issue as I get the same message.

o3o

Probably just some temporary issue as I get the same message.

usually it just says error trying to connect :/

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

I got the same message a little earlier, and now I get the following:

The chat room key has expired. Please notify the administrator.

Chat is back!! :)

We need a pinned thread here for the status of the chat, whether it is up or down

We need a pinned thread here for the status of the chat, whether it is up or down

No need. Right at the top of every page there is an indicator. Currently is says: Chat [9]

No need. Right at the top of every page there is an indicator. Currently is says: Chat

That doesn't always mean if the chat is up or not, lots of the chat 'down time' is where people are simply un-able to join, but the people in the chat never know. This results in people joining saying "Well, its about time!".

Also, on Sunday mornings (gmt) nobody is in the chat so wouldn't show anything

:) (yeah im kinda a chat pro )

No need. Right at the top of every page there is an indicator. Currently is says: Chat [9]

It was saying there were 5 people in the chat when I couldn't connect,

The IPS software vendors are gearing up to launch their 4.0 version of the software (which we will not be migrating to for a long long long time) so today apparently a number of services they run (including chat) have been affected by some revisions to their software. From what I can see they've managed to resolve chat issues at least.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement