🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Issue with implicit const qualifier on member handle vs object

Started by
3 comments, last by mbwac 9 years, 8 months ago

Hi there,

I have run into a strange issue that I can't seem to work around or find a solution for. I'm hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on what's going on. The code snippet to recreate the issue is very small:

class Interface {};
class Object : Interface {};

class Test
{
    bool PerformTest() const
    {
        return m_interface is @m_object;
    }

private Interface@ m_interface;
    private Object m_object;
}

The compilation error is this: "No conversion from 'const Interface@const' to 'Interface@const' available. Is there some issue with the const qualifier not being propagated to the object type of the handle? Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Also note that if 'const' is removed from PerformTest this of course compiles fine, but then it is no longer const correct, so that is not a solution for me.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

This is clearly a bug in the AngelScript compiler. I'll have it fixed a.s.a.p.

Thanks for taking the time to create a small test for reproducing the problem. It will make it much faster to find and fix the cause.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I suspected it was a compiler bug. Thanks for the quick response.

I've fixed this in revision 2026. Thanks.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement