🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Buy subscriptions/advertisement/donate is very well hidden :)

Started by
2 comments, last by Acharis 9 years, 7 months ago

OK, I have created like 3rd ad banner and I still need to go via "Get your ad on Gamedev.net for 5 bucks" link, then go through several click and only then I find it :)

I know it must be some option for this somewhere, but I can't find it (and/or I keep forgetting where it is). Which is a bad sign considering I did it a few times already...

Can't we just have this on yout profile page or in some other obvious place? It's really confusing.

EDIT: found it, it's "Client Area", not that easy to find, why not make it at the bottom of profile overview or something (plus it does not allow "purchasing" new stuff)?

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Advertisement

Good point!

We'll have to think about how we can make this sort of information more visible in the long term, but as an immediate solution I've edited the site-wide announcement to contain the direct links -- is that better?

- Jason Astle-Adams

but as an immediate solution I've edited the site-wide announcement to contain the direct links -- is that better?

It's pretty ugly, but definitely more visible. I'm not sure if better is a term i would use.

Yeah, it was http://www.gamedev.net/store/ :) Much better now.

How about replacing the "your cart" with a shop (if your cart is empty)?

And, how about adding "Store" right to marketplace (there still is space there). And add it at the bottom/top/somewhere inside "Marketplace" maybe?

If the website has financial trouble the Store button must be a top level one. It's too important.

(by the way, you are "advertising untruth", it's below $5 in some cases :D So should be "$5 or less". Really, being incorrect in this direction is very rare :D Anyway, not important.)

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement