🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

BMFont on Linux. A possibility?

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 9 years, 6 months ago

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a possibility of the Angelcode BMFont tool being released on Linux? I want to use this as part of the alternative to Monogame's default font tools, but I can't since the installer is only released on Windows. Would anyone be willing to do this?

Advertisement

Actually, it might not be needed to port it. I think I got this running successfully in Wine. I'll try some of the features and get back to you with whether or not all of them work.

The code is heavily dependent on the Windows API, so a port to Linux would be a complete rewrite of the tool. sad.png

Can you share instructions for how to get it working with Wine? I'm sure others would be interested in learning this too, and I would like to add instructions on the site for that.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement