🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Database

Started by
2 comments, last by Hjalmarsson 24 years, 5 months ago
I need help with Databases, do anyone want to help me to create, or know a very good site? Martin Hjalmarsson shadow@jemm.se ICQ# 22869599
Martin Hjalmarssonprogramming@swipnet.seICQ# 22869599
Advertisement
You are going to have to be a little more specific on your question. Do you want to create a database using a program like Access, or do you want to develop your own database system. Also, it will help to know why you need the database, what platform you need it for, etc...
I am going to use it on my homepage, and I will create it with Access.

Martin Hjalmarsson
programming@swipnet.se
ICQ# 22869599
Martin Hjalmarssonprogramming@swipnet.seICQ# 22869599
Using Access to create a database is easy.
Grab a book on the subject. Read heavily into the tables and queries sections. For what you want, the rest of the book would probably be invalid. (You might also read the section on multiple users a.k.a. record locking and the sections on security.)

The real work, is writing the java-script,vbscript,ASP SQL Queries, etc... against the database. This is where you will spend most of your time.

One item to consider: How many users do you intend to have trying to access this database? More than 10 at once, you probably want to look into something like SQL server(latest version.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement