🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Free graphic work for your Ads if you get a plus membership

Started by
2 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 9 years, 6 months ago

Maybe some people are shy about posting their ads because they don't look good or they don't know how to make one, and while they could get the + membership, they can't afford having an artist improve their ads?

I know we have an art section, but that can be particularly intimidating for somebody to post programmer art for feedback and try to learn to make art just for a banner, and it's against the rules to ask for free art there (they'd have to post in the classifieds, which is far more hubbub than I can think most people would want to go through).

How about a dedicated thread where non-artists who have a + membership can post what they're looking for, for a gamedev.net ad, and the artists among us can whip up something workable when we're able?

Probably nothing really slick like of couple of the more beautiful examples on rotation now, but something respectable.

Thoughts? Would this be acceptable? Would anybody be encouraged to get a + membership and put up an ad if they had help in the graphics department?

And if it's a thread in the art section (as an exception to the rules), artists might be encouraged by a few upvotes too. Win-win-win.

Advertisement

I'm not sure how well it would work, but I would certainly be happy for it to be attempted -- I'll contact our Visual Arts forum mod and check if he's ok with us cluttering his forum with a topic for it.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thanks, I hope it will help out in encouraging more people to get a plus membership to advertise.

Does anybody think this is a good idea? Any users who would take up the offer? The forums are probably pretty quiet due to the holidays, but it would be good to know if this would be useful.

Maybe they're just being shy.

I'll commit to helping whoever posts here in the next day with feedback with making advertisements (plus members).

The reason why I haven't made an ad yet is because my project isn't ready for it, but I think your idea is a good idea for those projects and developers that are ready.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement