🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ignore preferences

Started by
6 comments, last by jpetrie 9 years, 5 months ago

Can someone fix ignore preferences becasue they work only on forum and not in the chat and add ability to prevent/block users from adding me as a friend contact becasue i have a stalker here.

Advertisement

Can someone fix ignore preferences becasue they work only on forum and not in the chat and add ability to prevent/block users from adding me as a friend contact becasue i have a stalker here.

Maybe said person wants to be your friend, and is deeply sorry for any feelings that have been hurt due to miscommunication/misunderstanding, and feels guilt and shame for causing such feelings. and the only way they can lift their shame is trying to make things right by trying to befriend them again.

:wub:

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

see the stalker itself

see the stalker itself

Its hardly stalking when you post your thread in the chat for people to see :-\

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

dsm: I think that regardless of the state of the site software and whether or not WiredCat has forgiven you for what you consider to have been a misunderstanding, it seems pretty clear he does not want to accept your friend request and perhaps you should respect that decision and move on.

WiredCat: if you suspect there is a bug with respect to rejecting friend requests you should clarify what exactly it is, your original post is not terribly informative.

I meant i there is no such option to ignore acceptation as a friend, and if i choose to ignore someone on chat i still see what he types.

he constantyl does that, any hope for banning him out of chat for several days ?

Banning him from chat is not an appropriate solution to the problem, WiredCat; the chat is unrelated. I've asked him to stop in my post above, and made sure he is aware of the post's existence. If he continues this behavior, use the report feature on a post or profile to bring the issue to the attention of the moderators. There is no reason to complain about specific users in the thread in public like this. That's why we have the reporting feature.

Please keep this thread about the specific problems you have with the site's software it's ability, or inability, to ignore users the way you want.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement