🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

annoying mobile responsive theme

Started by
0 comments, last by slicer4ever 9 years, 5 months ago
It seems the responsive theme used when viewing the site from a mobile phone or tablet hides various things. For example the profile page is massively cut down and the search facility is completely missing.

Reputation and number of warning posts are missing in the bar on each post where the user name is and the colour coding to indicate crossbones doesn't work.

This wouldn't be so bad except there seems to be no way to turn it off even by spoofing user agents.

Is there any way around it at all as I don't like mobile specific limited designs and I am sure I'm not the only one!

Advertisement
Yes, the "mobile" site does need alot of work, it technically however is the desktop site though. The site automatically reconfigures itself for smaller displays. You can simulate this effect by simply zooming in on the site with your browser, and you'll see it rearrange/drop componets from the page as you do. I do wish there was a way to opt out of this though.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement