🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Seeing what GD.net article someone's written

Started by
2 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 9 years, 4 months ago

Heyy all!

I was wondering if there's an easier way of seeing what GD.net article a forum member has written. I see Contributor tags all the time, and out of curiosity I wonder what sort of articles they've written, or if they've written anything new since I last saw.

For example, just to pick on someone, a couple days ago I remembered @frob's articles on data structures, and I wanted to see if he had written any more. The way I normally do that is I go to their page, click Find Content, then click Resources, which isn't very intunitive. Is there a better (easier/more intuitive) way to find them?

As a different, somewhat related question, is there an RSS feed for all articles? I know there are separate ones for each section they're posted under, but I haven't found a master feed.

I'm sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes or any undue brevity, as I'm most likely typing on my phone

"Hell, there's more evidence that we are just living in a frequency wave that flows in harmonic balance creating the universe and all its existence." ~ GDchat

Advertisement

I think it's best to move this to the Suggestions forum.

For example, just to pick on someone, a couple days ago I remembered @frob's articles on data structures, and I wanted to see if he had written any more. The way I normally do that is I go to their page, click Find Content, then click Resources, which isn't very intunitive. Is there a better (easier/more intuitive) way to find them?

As a different, somewhat related question, is there an RSS feed for all articles? I know there are separate ones for each section they're posted under, but I haven't found a master feed.

There's no other way except what's provided by the IPS software currently, which I agree isn't very intuitive.

The RSS icon at the top of the page is contextual, so if you visit the main articles page you should be able to subscribe to it from there

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

You can hover over someone's username (but not their avatar), and get a pop-up that has a "Find Content" button in it. That saves you one click, anyway.

It'd definitely be nice if their "Contributor" banner was a hot-link to their article-content page.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement