🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help me! can't run a simple windows program!

Started by
2 comments, last by Cerebrate 24 years, 5 months ago
I am a newbie for Windows programming in C++, I am reading "Tricks of the Windows- Game Programming Gurus"(great book), by Amdre'' LaMothe. I try to run a simple windows program that only creates a blank window, but keep getting a error of "LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main" , I really don''t know what to do ! I am using Visual C++ introductory Edition. Please! Help me!
Advertisement
You must have a link error. Go to Projects then settings then click on the links tab. On the one line that has all of the lib files add the ones that andre lamothe says to in the book. If your doing a ddraw application add ddraw.lib to that line.
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames
It looks like you made a "Win32 console application" project. You need to make a "Win32 Application" project instead. That should fix you up.

~deadlinegrunt

GOD!you guys are incredible, solving my problem in no time. I got it compiled now, thanks soooo much!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement