🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Epic Boss Battle" my attempt at a JRPG Boss Battle Theme.

Started by
3 comments, last by YoungProdigy 9 years, 2 months ago

Hey, YoungProdigy here. "Epic Boss Battle" is a new rock track by me. I would describe as something that would for a JRPG boss battle.

You can listen to it here:

https://soundcloud.com/youngprodigymusic/young-prodigy-epic-boss-battle

Advertisement
It's pretty cool. I get the impression that you are fighting him while on the run for some reason. Like a high-speed chase-fight.
What kind of personality will the boss have?

Doesn't feel as epic as the title would let on, but for the most part, an interesting track.

Personally, I feel the 'lead melody' gets stranded very quickly (doesn't sound totally on pitch, and is somewhat random).

Promising rhythmic though!

Doesn't feel as epic as the title would let on, but for the most part, an interesting track.

Personally, I feel the 'lead melody' gets stranded very quickly (doesn't sound totally on pitch, and is somewhat random).

Promising rhythmic though!

Agreed. It feels more retro than epic. The lead melody didn't bother me as much until the very end.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

It's pretty cool. I get the impression that you are fighting him while on the run for some reason. Like a high-speed chase-fight.
What kind of personality will the boss have?

Thanks for the feedback man. When I wrote this I was going for a "Last Remnant" feel.

So the boss would probably have a personality like a boss in that game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement