🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mode 13h

Started by
0 comments, last by Bob 24 years, 5 months ago
For the last 3 days (and nights) I have been searching the Internet for a tutorial on basic graphics. I can''t even switch to mode 13h and back. I am a total Graphic Programming newbie. I''ve picked up a lot of tutorials, such as Denthor''s. Trouble is, out of the very few understandable tutorials I could find (such as Denthor''s), it just simply didn''t work. I downloaded the example .ccp code included in Denthor''s Tutorial Part 1, and couldn''t compile that without dozens of errors. The compiler I use is DJGPP - Are Turbo C++ files incompatible with DJGPP? If so, where can I find some good tutorials that I could implement in a program which would compile under DJGPP? I would really appreciate some help with this one, It''s been driving me crazy.
Advertisement
I think you''re problem is that there is no ANSI standard for most function in the dos.h file. I believe that DJGPP uses a different format for calling interrupts than Turbo C++ does. Once you figure out how the interrupts are called, you use the same register values as given in the Turbo C++ code. In many ways however, it''s just easiest to figure out how to inline assembly and use that instead of the dos.h calls.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement