🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

how to make 3D voxel objects

Started by
2 comments, last by Tutorial Doctor 9 years, 2 months ago

Hi!

I've been thinking for a long time about a 3D game I want to make. I have already used Blender for some time and am learning to use Unity. But I have been searching for a long time now for a tool that helps me to easily create objects in voxel style.

I don't want to generate a (random) world or something complicated, I'm just looking for a program that lets me place cubes so I can make something voxel-y and export it as a 3D object, so I can import it to Unity.

I've found tools that let you voxelate existing 3D objects, but I'd like to make a voxel object from scratch. Does someone have any tips?

I'm still new to making 3D games, so any advice is appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,

Glen

Advertisement

https://voxel.codeplex.com/

Oh my god, thank you so much!

This is exactly what I need :D

Look no further than MagicaVoxel, it really is the way to go. I've used it to make two games already.

It will voxelize png images, as well as regular obj files. You can export the voxel mesh or a 2d image, and the renderer is awesome! There are demos on YouTube.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement