🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

An attempt at orchestral

Started by
3 comments, last by Pitmosh 9 years, 2 months ago

Hey guys, Pitmosh here!

Been trying out making some orchestral music lately and I was wondering what you think about it.

https://soundcloud.com/nelthar/heroic-theme-i-have-no-clue/s-2R44j

Am I doing it good/bad? Both postive and constructive answers are appreciated! :)

- Pit

Advertisement

You have some great ideas here and establish a nice mood for sure. The production is a bit poor, in my opinion. I'd take a closer look at how you're mixing and mastering everything as I'm losing definition. And it's a bummer that once it starts to get really interesting with the staccato strings, it fades out!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

You have some great ideas here and establish a nice mood for sure. The production is a bit poor, in my opinion. I'd take a closer look at how you're mixing and mastering everything as I'm losing definition. And it's a bummer that once it starts to get really interesting with the staccato strings, it fades out!

Thanks, appreciate it! I'll take a closer look at the mixing and mastering when I get home.

Haha, I guess I can take that as a compliment! This was just something short I did for having a little fun on my own. Really cool to hear that I'm not actually that bad! Once again, thanks for the reply!! :)

Everything nsmadsen said, but I would also try out a different patch for the piano and the choir. Alicia's Keys is a great piano sound and Omnisphere is my go-to plugin for a choir like that.

Everything nsmadsen said, but I would also try out a different patch for the piano and the choir. Alicia's Keys is a great piano sound and Omnisphere is my go-to plugin for a choir like that.

Thanks for the reply! Will check out!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement