🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Time to Rock" a new hard rock/heavy metal song by me.

Started by
1 comment, last by CCH Audio 9 years, 1 month ago

Hey guys, I wrote a new song "Time to Rock". It could probably be described as either hard rock or heavy metal.

You can listen to it here:

https://soundcloud.com/youngprodigymusic/young-prodigy-time-to-rock

As always critique is welcome. I'd especially like to know if the mixing can be improved.

Advertisement

You have some good ideas but I'd recommend thinking about what your target is with your music. I say this because many of your songs sound very retro and I believe this is mainly due to the the production level and quality of the samples used. Get some rock albums you like and admire then do some A/B comparisons between your track and those other tracks.

Your mix lacks depth to my ears. And for the lead line, I'd do as much production as you can to the MIDI to make it sound as real as possible. Sometimes I'm also losing the bass in the mix.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I agree with nsmadsen, but I wouldn't even bother making this MIDI. If you don't have a studio available you can still DI most of those instruments, will make it sound a lot better. It's not like it's a full orchestra or something that can be impracticable to record. Cool composition though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement