🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Indie game marketing

Started by
1 comment, last by badpotion 9 years, 1 month ago

I can't believe I've never noticed before, but why no forum for advice on game marketing?

It's a complex topic, with dozens of different things you can try, even with zero budget.

Is there a concious decision to not cover the topic, or is it potentially something worth an experiment?

Advertisement

Marketing is covered by Business and Law; if we were getting so many marketing questions that they were drowning out other topics we would definitely consider a separate forum, but surprisingly marketing is a minority topic in the forum at present. smile.png

//EDIT: I've edited the forum description to more clearly reflect this.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Marketing is covered by Business and Law; if we were getting so many marketing questions that they were drowning out other topics we would definitely consider a separate forum, but surprisingly marketing is a minority topic in the forum at present. smile.png

//EDIT: I've edited the forum description to more clearly reflect this.

Ok, thanks. I'll know my questions are in the right place then if I post to the business (and marketing) section. That'll work, cheers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement