🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[bug] Account permissions

Started by
4 comments, last by Erik Rufelt 9 years ago

My other account "Acharis" got messed up permissions again (this time to the point of being unable to contact support). I'm not that attached to it and I can create a new one no problem, but it would be nice to track this annoying bug.

The only non standard thing I did in the past was subscription to GDNet+ and setting up a few adverts (more than one). Maybe that's the cause?

Advertisement

This doesn't have any replies after the better part of a day, so I'm replying mostly so you'll know it is visible.

It is something that the staff will need to deal with, and you posted on what is either very late Friday night or very early Saturday. Someone may see it from randomly checking in, but more likely it may take until after the weekend.

Sorry, I have seen this bit have been too swamped to handle it yet, and I'm afraid unless another staffer comes along in the meantime it'll be another day or so until I can get to it.

We will get this resolved for you though!

- Jason Astle-Adams

No hurry :) Take your time.

I think I fixed your account permissions - you were in the Crossbones group for both primary and secondary permissions - that may have caused problems. Note that this does not address the underlying bug - Mike will have to look into that. Also, for future reference support@gamedev.net is an active account that feeds into my Inbox so I handle these requests quicker that way and you don't have to create a second account to ask for help

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I have a similar account permission problem it seems... if I try to start a new topic in any forum I get a "You don't have permission to start topics in this forum" message.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement