🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Original orchestral/electronic/metal tracks and loops by me

Started by
0 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 9 years, 1 month ago

This is a fictional game level from a fictional game. It is a fast-paced hack and slash game set in a dark fantasy but futuristic setting. In this scenario, the player is transported to a forest (track 1), runs through the forest encountering many pesky enemies as well as more difficult mini-bosses (track 2), until he reaches a boss fight near the end against a demon mage (track 3). I have also included a death theme should the player die (track 4).

Track 1 - Short introductory track to set the mysterious mood, ending with hinting at the frantic running and fighting that will occur at any moment. The reverb tail can overlap easily with the following loop.

Track 2 - This is the most complicated piece. As the player runs through the forest, there are three different states the player can encounter: running, fighting small enemies, and fighting mini-bosses. So I created a loop with three different layers that stack depending on the situation. All three layers are "playing" at the same time, but different layers fade-in and out during these different states. Layer 1 plays at all times, while layer 2 fades-in during small encounters, and all three layers are audible during mini-boss encounters. I looped the track three times for this upload, each time adding a layer, but in game it could occur at any moment. I programmed it in FMOD so it could be implemented pretty easily in most engines.

Track 3 - A short lead-in followed by a loop for the boss.

Track 4 - A short track following the characters death.

I put a lot of work into this and would love to get some feedback!

Advertisement

Track 2 sounds nice! I especially like the third loop around for the minibosses. Nothing about it speaks "forest" to me, but that doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't work in one.

Track 3 sounds like it'd fit well in a Castlevania game.

(I'm not a musician, nor do I listen to much music except mostly as background noise)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement