🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Search Space Recommendation

Started by
0 comments, last by lucky6969b 9 years ago

As the first choice, I chose to use a navigation mesh to represent the search space of the warehouse scene.

But there is a limitation imposed on my simulation.

Firstly, if I apply cooperative pathfinding to the simulation, it must have an implied id, a node x and z coordinates.

So when the TimeAStar pops out the cheapest node from the opened list. It knows where to dodge from other agents.

So then I consider a grid, when there is another problem with a grid. When the agent radius is larger than the grid cell,

It still can't perform a cooperative pathfinding properly because the agent size cannot just fit into the grid.

So what kind of search space is best suited for my situation? Could you please recommend a good option?

Thanks

Jack

Advertisement
Mikko may be sweeping off his feet now. So if anyone knows, please help me out. I wonder how do I adjust the max length, max length to width ratio on a recast navmesh polygon/cell... Thanks Jack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement