🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where is the best place for demo feedback?

Started by
6 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 9 years ago

Despite being on these boards for all these years, I'm still not sure of this - Where is the best place (on GDnet) to get game demo feedback? I'm working on a few projects that are not released yet, but I'd love to post some early demos for user feedback.

Tigsource has a "Playtesting" forum which is separate from the Announcements forum - does GDnet have somewhere like this?

Advertisement

On a gaming site that caters to your genre, probably.

This is my thread. There are many threads like it, but this one is mine.

I was thinking specifically on GDnet. We have an announcements forum, but that's mostly for final releases. There's the Indie Projects forum, but it also seems to be final releases.

I was thinking specifically on GDnet. We have an announcements forum, but that's mostly for final releases. There's the Indie Projects forum, but it also seems to be final releases.

if you want feedback from gd.net then your best bet is developer journals tbh. but to be blunt, gd.net has never truely been about giving feedback on projects(YA subforum is generally the same person posting in the thread about their own games, and every now and then another person will chime in). i've had success on chat, but i also spend alot of time in chat, and know alot of the folks, so when i ask for help, they are willing to lend a hand(or i don't feel bad about bugging some of them), and i've seen others get feedback there. however if someone isn't a regular it's really a crap shoot if you'll get people to be interested enough(and trust you to dl an exe) to give you feedback.

Overall i have to agree with Graelig, GD.net is just not a great place for asking to get feedback on demo stuff(but maybe you can try design/idea subforum, and ask a mod not to kick it to YA) if your looking for valuable feedback, i'd look for forums that have a more dedicated gaming community, of course if your not apart of those forums, just popping in and asking is not really going to get you anywhere(unless your demo is super amazing). Good luck with finding help though.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Steam Early Access biggrin.png

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Best bet is probably the Developer Journals or Game Design, although in Game Design it'll need to be worded so as not to look like a stealth announcement and get moved.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Ah well, no worries then. It would be nice to keep stuff on here since it's easier to get feedback from people I know, but the developer journal might be a good place also.

Cheers,

Could we setup an "Ongoing Demos" page like we do the "Image of the Day"?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement