🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GD.net 2015 Budgeting concerns?

Started by
24 comments, last by ericrrichards22 8 years, 11 months ago

A few questions.

Can IPB support more than one chat room?

Questions follow if the answer is 'yes',

• how much does each additional chat room cost?
  • if we had a chat room for every forum, how much would the increase to the different memberships be (based on the people subscribed right now)?
  • could we have free members only access the current chat and have paid members access the forum-specified chat rooms?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

I tried to sign up for the yearly subscription and it told me I wasn't allowed to do that.

Why?

Apparently there's some problem where Crossbones membership doesn't interact with GDNet+ properly. There's a special version of the monthly membership HERE for crossbones members; I'm not sure if we have a yearly version at present, but I'll look in to it for you.

- Jason Astle-Adams

You guys have a donation page - you just don't have it prominently located in the headerbar. It's a secret donation page, apparently.
You also have your not-ever-linked to GameDev.net CafePress store. CafePress probably gives pretty terrible margins though.

A visible donation link is Step 1. It should go at the top like this:
Donate | Chat | Watched Content | New Content

Great suggestions, added to my to-do list.

With a properly visible donation link, and vouching for books we know are quality, to a community who is filled with people who are actually looking for books like that, it'd probably go a long way towards helping GameDev.net.

Also probably worth a go -- I'll add this to my list as well and see if it helps.

Thanks for the great and detailed suggestions! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Can IPB support more than one chat room?
I don't think so, but I'll look in to it.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I just signed up for the Crossbones Monthly Membership. It honestly was cheaper than I expected. Kudos to you!

Take my money :)

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Is there some way to be retroactively inducted into crossbones status?

I've been meaning to buy the GDNet+ premium subscription, but waiting on getting around to produce some suitable ad material for my site.

Other question, it this isn't too off-topic, but what kind of traffic have members seen from buying ad space here?

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement