🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Illustrator, PSP or Freehand ???

Started by
3 comments, last by Ion_Spider 24 years, 5 months ago
I would like to know an opinion on which is the best program for 2D art - Paint Shop Pro 6, Adobe Illustrator 8 or Macromedia Freehand 8 ? Hope someone can answer this one.
Advertisement
I have used both freehand and Illustrator. They are both similar in function and what they can produce. Freehand works well with all Macromedia Products, as does Illustrator with all Adobe products. It is just a mater of taste. If you are used to the layout of tools by one developer I would recomend sticking with the same brand. Another vector graphic based program that I use a lot is Corel Draw. It isn''t as popular as the others, but is very functional.

Hope this helped a little.
I use the BOB game engine and I find it very easy to use with paint shop pro. You can easy set the color depth and make stuff exact sizes, and it has support for so many file types. I''ve never used any of the other 2 you''ve mentioned so I can''t say that psp better or worse than them.
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames
I use PSP but when I''m really lazy I use the bitmap editor in Visual C++

Ion_Spider: One other program you might want to consider if you haven''t already is Adobe Photoshop. I suppose it''s similar to Paint Shop Pro, but is used by more professionals. Of course, it''s also more expensive...c''est la vie!
------When thirsty for life, drink whisky. When thirsty for water, add ice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement