🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Top-Down Sprites

Started by
-1 comments, last by IceCave 8 years, 11 months ago

Yes, I have seen the pinned thread above for sprite sources and yes I have used Google.

The problem is I keep finding websites which offer great isometric, side scrolling or a mix of both (Nintendo RPG style?) spritesheets!

However, I am working right now on a strategic top-down shooter, I am using top-down because I experienced from other games that isometric gaming is not that great when it comes to strategic command giving and technical limitations based on the gameplay are counter productive, too.

In my game a group of soldiers tries to explore an area which is inhabited by enemy creatures of any(!) kind. Actually I don't care how they look like, from ghosts, to spiders, to other soldiers, giant insects, robots, zombies(? unlikely but why not)... what matters is that different enemy types have totally different AIs with different tactics of different types (a hive AI for example).

Right now I am drawing all the sprites by myself but this keeps me from writing code a lot and I am not the best drawer. Everything is pixel style.

Anyway, I am searching top down shooter sprites for my game and all the links in the pinned thread don't offer anything interesting. Most links are off, and others I have already found with Google and only offer isometric sprites.

Does someone know a good source for this kind of sprites?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement