🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2D game character

Started by
5 comments, last by Paulo Kaedo 8 years, 9 months ago

[attachment=28129:Tribal_work2.png]

I am new to 2D game artwork drawing. I want you to rate my game character and say what is wrong and must be improved.

Advertisement

It is hard to rate your character due to its abstract, highly stylized nature. In the right context and environment it would suit perfectly, so without knowing the context it is really hard for me to rate it.

I'm inclined to agree.

It might also help to know how you intend to use this piece: Is this the actual in-game sprite? If so, how do you plan on animating its legs, if at all, and is the white outline intentional? If not, then is this concept art, or perhaps an avatar? If concept art, is it a concept for a 2D or 3D character?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

the perspective on this character is messed up.

I like your style, but you need to improve your perspective drawing. Also you should use consistent lightning, its important to know where the light comes from, with that you will know where to put brighter colors and shadings correctly.

Even if the perspective isn't straight on, it would still suit a game with a papercut aesthetic, esp. given the white outline~

Cool! you have a project for that character? xD

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement