🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mobile site menu issues...

Started by
2 comments, last by jbadams 8 years, 10 months ago
I understand that the mobile site isn't the best and there isn't much that can be done right now, but this is really irritating and I hope it can be fixed. At the top of each page is the logo with three horizontal lines. This is the menu bar. Touching it should bring up the menu, and it does, but the problem is that the menu drops down upon each page load. Depending on the connection speed, I've had it take a second or longer for the menu items to disappear. What ends up happening is that I scroll down out of habit and click a link, only for the menu to disappear, at which point the whole page jumps up and the wrong forum/topic gets selected.

Why do the menu items load, only to disappear, and can this be fixed?
Advertisement

What browser are you using? For me (using Chrome on Android) the menu does load first but it disappear before any of the rest of the page is rendered.

I'm using an old Windows 7.5 phone. I can't afford better right now. :/ I've tried both Internet Explorer and UC Browser with the same results. I have no doubt it is due to the lack of processing power. Still, not everyone can afford the latest and greatest devices. Is this necessary?
I've had this happen from time to time as well.

That's often the best way to load a menu, because it provides a functional (if less attractive and now cluttered looking) menu for those with significantly less capable browsers, before collapsing it down for the rest of us.

Unfortunately our pages are a little on the heavy side, and so on slower connections and/or less capable hardware some browsers will exhibit the annoying behaviour you describe - I've experienced it myself.

It's on the to-do list (with pretty low priority), but may or may not be properly solvable with the current version of the site.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement