🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My first model

Started by
5 comments, last by SirWeeble 8 years, 10 months ago

Hello. This is my very first model I have ever created. I textured it by myself, only two textures are not mine, front lamp and wheels, but that is because I didn't wanted to spend too much time on this model and start my new model witch will be way more detailed and batter in every aspect, I have learned a lot by creating this car. What do you think?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2hrjodi.png

and back
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2pontc4.jpg

I find it more enjoyable and simpler to model buildings vehicles etc. than life things.

I really liked idea of one designer game, but I'm just too dumb for code, I have tried unity and flash, coding is not for me I'm artist and I struggle with numbers I sucked at math in school, I always forget dates, amounts and other numbers.
So if anyone is looking for modeler I'm looking for project to improve my skills, but I would only join to small project, because I want to see results quick and I only create low poly models.

Sorry for my bad English, it is only my third language. Thank you!

Advertisement

Hello. This is my very first model I have ever created.

Really, you made some thing like this first? My first 3D model was a wall and my first textured model was a block. wink.png

If there is any thing 3D modeling has in common with making games it's that you will need to learn how to fail, I also advice saving your work so you can look at them when you become a better artist.

Most artist on your level wouldn't be as brave as to start with a car, it really shows your skill. Good basic topology, good use of clipping and it has a good form. The only complaint I would have is that it's a very low poly model, maybe for a mobile game or a RTS with a lot of units.

Looks good! You should modify the rendering parameters though, it's dark and difficult to see properly. Also you can post images right here on Gamedev with your post, so you don't have to link to a crappy image-host with ad-cluttering that further take away from the viewing experience.

My first model was a wireframe pyramid, I made it in code.

The first read from file was a house I think, made it in Notepad using the format from a NeHe tutorial for entering vertices. smile.png

Really, you made some thing like this first? My first 3D model was a wall and my first textured model was a block. wink.png

Well. I did few tutorials before this. But this one was first model that I created purely from my imagination.

Thanks for all responses. I know it is low poly and texturing is crappy. But at the end I just wanted to finish it quicker. I have learned a lot of things and I made a lot of mistakes that I will avoid in my upcoming projects.

Coming from someone who's been struggling with blender for quite a while I can say this is a job well done ;).

However, try working on the lighting before rendering. Namely, environment lighting (on the right hand side in the little tabs, try the one with the world icon) and just play around with the settings a bit. You'll see the render improving a lot once you find what you're doing ;)

That's awesome! :) Good job.

Excellent work for your very first model. Keep it up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement