🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript 2.30.2 is out

Started by
3 comments, last by neatdev 8 years, 8 months ago

With this version I've spent most of the time on optimizations. Specifically the time for loading pre-compiled byte code has improved significantly for applications that exposes a large interface to the scripts. There are some run-time optimizations too, but those are probably only noticeable in very specific cases.

Besides the optimizations I've implemented support for anonymous functions, a.k.a. lambdas, in the script language. The anonymous functions are so far just global functions declared locally in the expression that needs them, but I'll continue to expand on the usefulness of them for future releases.

Regards,

Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement

Integrated it into our project this morning, everything running smoothly. Great job Andreas!

I also integrated it. Compiles and continues to work flawlessly.

The one feature that makes this all work wonders for me is that a script can suspend it's execution and then pick up right back where it left off. What this allows me to do is write a linear script that handles animation (or anything else for that matter) while being executed from a game loop. If I had to code that same animation in C++, I would have to remember states and have counters or write something that does all that. Since the context remembers all that, my job is tons easier.

Andreas, you are awesome.

Hi!

I just switched to version 2.30.2 because I wanted to try out some of optimizations. The current version I am using is "2.30.0 WIP" according to angelscript.h.

I am on a Macbook and run "make -f makefile" in "projects/gnuc macosx" to build the library. Then I link the library to my project (through scons).

But when running the executable I get a NULL object when calling asCreateScriptEngine(ANGELSCRIPT_VERSION);

If I hardcode and call asCreateScriptEngine(23000) (the old version but the new code) I do not get any null pointer back.

Don't know what I am doing wrong. Have you seen this behaviour before?

Ok, that was quick. I just remembered that I typed make install after I built the libraries for the old version. Forgot it this time.

But now everything works as it should!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement