🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sorry, you do not qualify to take this survey

Started by
5 comments, last by AlanSmithee 8 years, 9 months ago
OK why?

I wanted to take the survey to help out gamedev.net, but appearantly im not qualified.

I chose Sweden -> .NET and then I recieved the message about not being qualified. Didn't even get to know what the survey was about.

Wierd.. What kind of a survey disqualifies you based on your answers? Must be some Technical issue, Right?

*EDIT I see the banner now, it says they want 1 more from Canada and 1 2more from Australia, so I guess it's by design. Wierd, why say no to more data?
Advertisement

Its a survey that's paying Gamedev to help support the site, not a survey Gamedev is running for their own interests, as I understand it. They have a specific quota they're looking to fill.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Its a survey that's paying Gamedev to help support the site, not a survey Gamedev is running for their own interests, as I understand it. They have a specific quota they're looking to fill.

Ya I understood that, so I wanted to help GD out, but then realized I was not in the targeted geographic.

I got the same thing and I am in Australia. There is obviously some other requirement besides geographic location because it stopped me when I selected the job description part.

I'm also curious about what is in them.

I thought briefly of traveling to Australia, seeing the sights, meeting Hodgman and a few others who live there, and taking the survey while there... but that's rather expensive.

I had a co-worker who went to Australia over the summer (our winter) and did a bunch of fun things like scuba on the great barrier reef. Almost convinced me to take a similar trip, but backyard tourism is all I can afford.

GD.Net wants to steal our magic IT secrets!

I'll share if you promise not to tell anyone. What you do is, right, announce a national fibre-optic network, but then quietly change the design to DSL, tell eveyone that 24Mbps is enough for anyone (but put in the fine print that average speeds will be 5Mbps by 2020), eat an unpeeled raw onion (skin and all) on TV to show you relate with the common man, and get the press (who is 70% owned by the FOX news owner, who currently competes with the DSL network with his own cable/satellite network) to print that fibre-optic is obsolete and that 3G is the future and anyone who disagrees is a communist.

Do all that and you'll grow a world-class IT industry just like we have. I mean, my office / cupboard-data-centre 100Mbps connection costs only a measly AU$800/mo. Can't beat that!
What the... :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement