🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sections for an Art Bible?

Started by
1 comment, last by sunandshadow 8 years, 9 months ago

I read through the Game Design Process article, and saw its section on Graphic Bible. I feel like mood boards should also be in there. I was wondering what other sections designers/artists like to have.

- Thanks!

Moltar - "Do you even know how to use that?"

Space Ghost - “Moltar, I have a giant brain that is able to reduce any complex machine into a simple yes or no answer."

Dan - "Best Description of AI ever."

Advertisement

As a 3D modeler I want complete, approved, signed and stamped reference sheets. Noting worst than learning you will have to remodel a building because some one wanted more natural lighting.

Also cropped images, of key assets. It takes a lot of time to model a armour set, only a few seconds to cut out the boots if that is all you want.

If the game has a system where the color of something (clothes, pets, mounts, houses) is determined by (dye, paint, or genes), then this kind of system absolutely needs its own section. Cant tell you how many times I've seen a kludged, broken system where they didn't establish the full range of colors, number of colors, number of textures, number of body parts or clothing article types, etc. early on in the design.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement