🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Script array code for managing objects

Started by
1 comment, last by Solokiller 8 years, 9 months ago

Would it be possible to refactor the script array code that handles management of object instances so that it can be easily used by other classes?

I'm trying to write a linked list class, and i have to copy over a lot of code from the array class to do the same kind of management.

The array variables that keep track of the object type, its size and subtype id are all basically reused, so that could all go into a class.

Advertisement

It could be done, but with the add-ons I'm trying to make each of them as independent from each other as possible as not everyone want to use all of the add-ons.

By the way, have you seen Sami Vuorela's template container library for AngelScript?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Indeed i have, at the time it was released i was unsure as to whether our project could use them, seeing as we still support VS2010, which does not fully implement C++11.

For now, we will use our own list class, but once we have upgraded to VS2015 i will replace it with Sami's version. In any case, it's good exercise to get a fully functioning list working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement