🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How Is This Pixel Art So Detailed?

Started by
10 comments, last by DifferentName 8 years, 5 months ago

Like Lorenzo said, it's not particularly detailed.

If you want to see truly detailed pixel art, search for Metal Slug or anything done by Paul Robertson.

Detailed was the only word I could think of to describe the sword animation :)

What will you make?
Advertisement

Like Lorenzo said, it's not particularly detailed.

If you want to see truly detailed pixel art, search for Metal Slug or anything done by Paul Robertson.

Detailed was the only word I could think of to describe the sword animation smile.png

Yeah, maybe it wasn't the best word choice, but I see what you mean. Someone could look at each frame and point out that it's just blobs of flat color, but I think you're right that the animations are very detailed. There's so much movement making everything feel alive and dynamic. The detail is in the movement itself, how even his feet move and shift positions throughout the sword animation. I prefer the detailed animation of hyper light drifter over more stiff pixel art that has more intricate detail in it's individual frames.

Radiant Verge is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG where your movement determines which abilities you can use.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement