🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Theme and Art style

Started by
0 comments, last by Kryzon 8 years, 7 months ago

Hello,

Me and my team are working on a project for school and we're trying to decide on what theme and style we're gonna go with.

If you have 10 minutes to spare, I would really appreciate it if you'd fill in this survey.

http://www.survio.com/survey/d/J5P2T3V9Y5J3J2V6S

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Hello. According to that survey you're looking for appealing themes and art styles, but no mention is made of the actual project that you're going to use these with. That's arguably the most relevant factor in making a visual guide, "what is the project like?"

Limbo, a game about an underworld where you travel as a soul, has a dark, gloomy style. What would've happened if the developers had done a survey and the top choice was the candy theme?

If you already have a project outlined, making the visual guide for it will become that much easier with fewer choices that fit. The survey should've been, "given this particular project [describe project concept], what theme and art styles do you think convey the concept best?"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement