🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sound Design Help For My Studies.... [Survey]

Started by
1 comment, last by CCH Audio 8 years, 5 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a student at University (undertaking my dissertation) and I'm very interested in sound design and foley. As part of my research, I'm looking into building a sound design instrument. Therefore, I'm trying to gather feeback from the Sound Designers on the forum. I have constructed a short online ten question survey (no adverts) to form part of my University research. The questionnaire does not require any personal information, I'm just trying to establish methodologies, requirements and potential interest in a new digital sound design instrument. I would like to thank anyone willing to help in advance!

Here's the survey:

https://houghosaurus.typeform.com/to/Lhhjt4

Advertisement

Thank you very much for taking part everyone! I'm getting some really interesting answers and I really appreciate it.

Quick clarification because there seems to be some unclear use of foley in the questions. Foley is performed to picture, sound effects are cut to picture. if you use a stock effect from a library or even modify one that would just be sound design. The same would go for any sort of digital sound effect creation tool like Omnisphere. Foley work is when you physically go into the booth or go on location to capture a specific sound (with the exception of the actual location sound). Library effects are created for general use while foley is made for specific use. Another way to think of it is all foley is sound effects but not all sound effects are foley.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement