🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why aren't Vulkan and Lumberyard in the news section of the site?

Started by
3 comments, last by swiftcoder 8 years, 4 months ago

I'm just curious as to why two major new technologies are nowhere to be seen in the news. Am I missing something here or perhaps I just don't know how to navigate? It seems those two are very pertinent to this site, and are definitely news.

Clicking in the "Top in 24 hours" shows "Seven-Part Intel ...", which comes on top at the time of writing this, and takes you to a page with a date of August 13, 2013.

Is it possible for members to contribute to the News, and help the webmasters? It also would be nice if the headers included the date it was added to the site.

Site: Hexmind.com Twitter: @HexmindGames Facebook: /hexmind Working on upcoming game, Reapertom.

Advertisement
That news comes from some kind of rss feed, I am not sure it's updated any more.

It would be better if we could contribute to the news, definitely. Anyone higher up able to put such a system in place? :)

Edit: current news is just plain broken for me atm and leaks system configuration values to visitors. I get a php error in place of an article:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/gamedev/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(458) : eval()'d code on line 3965

There's nobody here who writes news posts, and I'm not sure that there has been since I stopped writing the Dailies however many years ago now.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

It would be better if we could contribute to the news, definitely. Anyone higher up able to put such a system in place? smile.png

Perhaps if there was a "News" subforum (maybe under "Business", or maybe Community), and any threads in that subforum show up on the News feed which just links to that thread.

Or just get rid of the news altogether.

I can still see the news feed, but the most recent are from October of last year.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement