🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Disappointed with the advertising support.

Started by
2 comments, last by RobotSound 8 years, 3 months ago
Hi GDNet
It's been about 6 weeks since I saw my Ad in leaderboard Ad and it has not showed up again (another Ad is being shown, even a new one!)
So I have tried to contact you via 2 support tickets and sent two emails to sales@gamedev.net regarding this issue, but I have yet to receive an answer.
I thought advertising in gamedev.net was a great idea and joined GDNET+Membership Yearly, but it doesn't seem to work properly nor fairly and I am very disappointed with the advertising support.
Why should I pay for an advert which is not shown while other adverts are being shown without any explanation.
As this issue could also cause other potential advertisers on gamedev some problems I am hoping this will be sorted out soon.
Advertisement

Hi!

Sorry you haven't received a response to your support requests, I'll shoot off an email to our developer and see if those are still hooked up correctly.

It looks like your advert received 50,001 impressions (and 59 clicks) as advised in the leaderboard ad description and became inactive. While you still have an active GDNet+ subscription you can simply upload another ad (or the same one again) for another 50,000! :)

Perhaps we need some sort of notification when ads go inactive, I'll see if there's any way we can hook up something of the sort.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Is that all you have to do? When mine ran out of impressions, I think I sent an email asking about how I could buy more spots, but never heard back.

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

I see, but this service needs some improvement. I wouldn't know when my advert reached 50000 and became inactive. It clearly needs some sort of notification eg email.
I know you guys are probably very busy, but you need to care about the advertisers. It is hard to get emails or supporting tickets back.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement