🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sorry no programming question. need WORKING GUS MAX install disks

Started by
8 comments, last by UnshavenBastard 22 years, 7 months ago
Hallo folks! I need working Gravis ULTRASOUND MAX install disks. Gravis doesn'' support it no longer. I`ve found different versions on different servers, but every time I get the same error, so it can''t be a corrupted file: No matter, wich version of the disk-sets, from which server, the install prog. doesn''t accept the 5th install disk!!! Can anyone gimme a link to WORKING install disk files? I love thoese old DOS games (yes, sometimes still playing, on my 486, and I''m not going to throw it away! ;-), but they sound horrible if several instruments are missing. What is Duke3D only with some hihat clicks, without the guitars of the theme song....
Advertisement
Don''t know a link, but I must have the original disks lying around here somewhere. If you really can''t find them, I could make you a big ZIP...
That would be very nice!!

I''ve been searching for long time.
Found some on ftp servers, but all have the same error.

Mail to: sleepy_dog@gmx.de

THANKYOU!!!

did you check gravis''s site?

http://www.gravis.com/

Specifically this page?

http://www.gravis.com/support/sup_1058.html

Scroll down to sound cards and click on the big blue words "Clasic and MAX" It''s a link to the drivers in a zip file.
Don''t know if they work but you can always try them.
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
Well, thanx for the hint, but I know this page, and the stuff is useless.

It`s only additional driver stuff for win95, but before you can install this, you''ll
have to get the GUS max working in DOS.

AND this are not the SIX install disks, with all instrument files (which i need) and other
stuff.

I need the original DOS install disks files.
Hmm.. my disk 4 is corrupt, can''t read it anymore. If you have problems with disk 5, I could just send you this one. Just be sure it''s the same version: V3.59, the file is called ''gus.005'' and it''s size is 1457664 bytes. Is that the file you need ?

Ok, send me .005 !

Version 359 should be among my 4 Versions :-)
(I''m not at home, cannot check, but I''m almost sure I downloaded
3.59, at least I know where I can get it (including a bad 005))

Thankyou!!

I just downloaded the V359 files again (from one of the servers
I know the .005 is currupt. Well, it''s with every I found.)
(looks like I have to buy some floppies, for I donwloaded
here at university... no internet at home, at the moment..)

It''s exactly the size you said.

You can send it to the above given mail adress.

Thankyou very much!

(I''m looking forward on playing those old dos games... :-)

OK, 005 is on the way...

Could you send me the 004 file ? Since I can''t read disk 4 anymore...

Thanks !

IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!!! :-)))

Man, sure thing, 004 is on its way!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement